Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hair

Well it's been raining for about four days in a row now, and that can only mean one thing. My hair has reached about four times the frizzyness level as usual. It's somewhere between Frankenstein's wife and someone who just got electrocuted.
 
You know those people with straight hair who say things like "Oh I wish I had curly hair! Straight hair is so boring. You're so lucky." Lies. They know it too, those liars. If a person with straight hair just happened to come across a genie who's only magical powers are to change people's straight hair into curly hair, straight haired people would pass on the opportunity. Why?
 
1.) You can't just roll out of bed with curly hair without it being painfully obvious that you have just rolled out of bed. You shouldn't even bother changing out of your PJs because curly hair looks so crazy after it has been slept on that, everyone knows that you literally just woke up. Sure, everyone has that morning where they were a little slower than usual and didn't have time to shower before classes, but it's your job as a member of society to hide this fact as best you can. Unfortunately curly haired people just can't have those days.
 
2.) Unlike straight hair, curly hair is completely dependent on the weather. Aka 90% of weather types are incompatible with curly hair. For instance, rain, humidity, wind, snow, sleet, hail, thunderstorms, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, ect.
 
3.) Even on the days where it just happens to be 0 humidity, absolutely no wind, and is sunny, your hair still may look a mess anyways because curly hair has a mind of its own. I've given up all attempts to try and understand it. One day I'll put in gel in my hair a certain way and it looks fabulous. The next day I'll attempt to do the exact same thing and I end up with a weird look of part frizzy hair, part 50's male greaser.
 
So sure, I'll have days where I put effort into my hair, some days where I don't. What I love to witness are the crazy girls in the girls bathrooms who sit and fix their hair for over 10 minutes. I've actually watched, on more than one occasion, girls move single pieces of hair around, trying to get their hair perfect. Whenever I see this I have to resist two very strong urges. For one thing, I want to get my hands wet from the sink and then go up to them and shake their hair all around. I would do this if I weren't afraid of a possible law suit. Even more than this I want to go up to the girl and say, "You know that piece of hair you just spent two minutes putting in an exact spot? It's going to move as soon as you start walking again. Have a nice day!" Well it's true.

To one of my best friends and roommate who's having a bad day: You are amazing and don't you forget it! I mean it!
 
On my ipod today: "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls. "What you feel is what you are, and what you are is beautiful." Best. Line. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment