Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Group Projects

At last! I have finally achieved the seemingly impossible. I have managed to have group members that are actually willing to pull their weight on a group project. I know what you are thinking -there is no way such a thing can exist! It's blasphemy! Well I am here to give you hope (or to totally shatter your current perception of reality) by telling you that it is in fact possible to have group members that are willing to do things.

You would not even believe my rotten luck in group projects. Really, it had gotten to the point where I had become completely convinced that a "good group" was on the same mythical level as the Lochness Monster or a romantic comedy that doesn't want to make you vomit in your mouth at some point. It simply just does not exist.

My bad group members are innumerable. Biology lab partners? Couldn't so much as add, so naturally I had to "help out" a little more than them. And when I say "help out," I mean it was mutually understood that I had to do all of the work because even though they were all born and raised in America, they all had a minimal knowledge of English and math skills (or perhaps it is because they were born in American they had minimal knowledge of English and math skills...) My French class was just as useless. On the days that they actually decided to show up to our meetings, it was more telling me what they think I should do for the project and then they left. At least they always smiled about it. I mean it's one thing to leave a person to do all of the work. It is another thing to leave a person to do all of the work with a smile on your face! It totally cancelled out their being ummm a not nice word...

I could bring up more stories, (yes, these are not my only two terrible groups I have had) but my blog is not meant to be a depressing chain of of other peoples failures in life. That would be far to easy to notice, and just about anyone can comment on that. No, I am here to tell you what goes on in my life that is unnormal. And here it is. I found a group that wants to meet and actually work.

The Class- unimportant
The Project- insigificant
The Group Members- Surprisingly enough, not really that important either.
The Most Shocking Thing Ever- They showed up. They worked. Yes that's it really, but apparently these are very difficult tasks to ask of the average person.

That's all I really have to say about my group that actually does things, because really things are just going how they are supposed to. It's actually a little unnerving. I am quite unused to it.

On my ipod today- "Barbeque" by ALO. It is simultaneously one of the most depressing and uplifting songs you will ever hear. Stay unnormal!

No comments:

Post a Comment