Thursday, October 6, 2011

Running

There is one part of my life that I have yet to tell you all about. I love to run. Not that I am in any way particularly good at it, but I I just need to run everyday or else I go slightly crazy. Take today for instance. I wasn't able to go out for a run because I was so busy, and now I am paying the price. I should be exhausted from the day's travels of endless meetings and attempting to learn something in classes and whatnot. Instead I am sitting here thinking about how I didn't get to go out on a run today and how I wish I could run now and how maybe I can go for a longer run tomorrow and ahhhhh! 

For those of you that are not as into the running scene, I have to explain something. Once you get into good running shape, it's like a drug. You have to get your fix everyday or else you obsess about it. When you're not running, you're thinking about running and planning the next time that you can run. It really never ends.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm no track star here, and frankly I never will be. Honestly, sometimes I'm a little unnerved at how little I pay attention to the world while I am running. I ran straight into a tree once. I couldn't even tell you whether or not it was a painful experience because I was so dazed and confused at my sudden not running state that I couldn't even process what was going on. It was just running WHAM not running.

I supposed today will be short because I can't seem to focus on my writing, ironically because I didn't run today.

On my ipod: "All For You" by Sister Hazel. If a guy ever played this song and then told me it made him think of me, I would marry him right on the spot. And I'm not even planning on marrying anyone ever. But we'll save that for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment