Thursday, October 27, 2011

Walking

People walking. I just don't understand. People have been doing it there whole lives. In fact, people have been doing it for so long, that they don't even to think about it while they are doing it. Then why do so many people walk so slowly?

I mean really, daily I am forced to go around people who act like they have leaded stones tied onto their feet. The worst part is that slow walkers are never alone either. No, they have joined with their fellow slow walkers on campus in an attempt to make every normal paced walker extremely pissed off. They use many highly skilled techniques in order to achieve this. First, they make sure they stand in a line, evenly spaced enough so that it's difficult to get around them. Then, they will randomly pick up their pace at points, in order to trick you into thinking they are going to start walking normal now. Don't fall for this, it's a trap! I have no idea why they randomly decide to pick up the pace every once in a while, but just when you start to get comfortable, they will slow down again.They always chose inconvenient spots to go even slower than the pace of a tortoise walking in molasses, such as around corners or up stairs. It drives me crazy. 

Then once I actually find the opportune moment to pass by them, I can always feel them staring into my back. The social judgment can be felt in their air. It's as if I'm branding the word NERD right onto my skin in front of them. I have no regrets though, and I will continue to pass by every snail paced walker in the world. I've already accepted the fact that I am a complete dork, so I figure why not go all out? I'm not going for any popularity prizes here so there is no reason that I shouldn't walk my naturally not slow pace. 

There is one other thing I hate about other people walking. It's when they drag their feet. I have no idea why it is such a difficult thing for people to pick up their foot completely and put it back down, but it seems to be an extremely difficult concept for some people. Particularly lazy people. Maybe if we explained how to walk properly very slowly to them, we can end this issue. "No no, you've almost got it. It's just that before you start to move your foot forward, you have to make sure your foot is actually off the ground first. I know, it's difficult to understand. Would you like to watch a video on how to walk non-annoyingly? Notice how there is air between the person's foot and the ground. That is the correct way."


On my ipod today: "Hello" by Martin Solveig & Dragonette. Why is this song so catchy?! I can't figure it out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment