Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Comebacks

Anyone who knows me knows that I can be a bit blunt about how I feel about things. I'm not afraid to say what I'm thinking. What most people don't know is that many times, I'm actually holding back a lot. I think I would have even fewer friends than I do now if I said everything that was going on in my head. 

There are a few moments in my life were the person was just not worth my time to even respond to. Here are some of the things that I have had said to me over the years, and yes they are all true. The lines in purple are things that I thought, but never actually said. 


"Jessica doesn't need to be really pretty, she's smart!"
Yes, it must be really hard to be neither. Although you seem to handle it quite well.
(Believe it or not, I think this comment was intended to be a compliment. People...)


"It must be really embarrassing to have braces on when you're so old now."
Yes well luckily my braces will be off by the end of the summer, while the ugly on your face is permanently stuck there.


"You don't need to be skinny. You're average! There is nothing wrong with that."
Sure, and you don't need to be really intelligent. You're an idiot! There is nothing wrong with that.


"You're hair is frizzy, like Hermione Granger's" 
 Your intelligence is lacking, like Crabbe and Goyle's.


"Two words to describe Jessica? Well she's really shy...I can't really think of anything else. She's nice, I guess."
Two words to describe an idiot? Well he's really stupid...I can't really think of any other redeeming quality he has. He will make a great janitor some day, I guess.


"Your shift ends in two minutes! Relax and do nothing for once in your life!"
But you're doing that so well for the both of us! And I know how difficult it is for you to stand, since I see you leaning on things all of the time, so I didn't want to make you feel bad by being better than you at doing nothing. You wouldn't have anything else in your life to live for.


"You're always reading all of the time. Don't you ever relax?"
Actually reading is how intelligent people relax. I guess you wouldn't know that though, would you?


"You put way too much effort into things. This is just a silly project worth hardly any of our grade."
And that is why you will never achieve anything in life. Just in cause you were wondering. 


On my ipod today: "Friends, Lovers, or Nothing" by John Mayer. I know he's kind of a jerk in real life, but I still love his music so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment